Tuesday, September 8: Interview at Ecuadorian Consulate for residency
Sunday, September 20: Commissioning service
Thursday, September 24: Departure flight and arrival to Ecuador
Please pray for these events as we continue to update you.
God’s blessings and guidance have been very evident over the last few months. Thank you for praying for us; here is how prayers have been answered:
1. Brooklyn’s passport arrived on August 24. It was issued in the normal timeframe (7 weeks), despite reports that it would take several months.
2. In our June prayer letter, we requested prayer for relaxed restrictions in Ecuador, specifically regarding quarantine and testing. On August 1, the government announced that it was removing most quarantine requirements and made the required COVID-19 testing easier to obtain. The state of emergency and most restrictions expire on September 12.
3. Nearly a year ago, we made our initial attempt at receiving an Ecuadorian residency visa. It was rejected, and we restarted the process in April by going a different route. This past week, the paperwork for this second attempt was accepted and we have been granted an interview at the Ecuadorian consulate in New Jersey. We should be issued a visa shortly after this meeting.
4. Because of the coronavirus, our flights in June were canceled by Avianca airlines and we were issued a voucher for later travel. Avianca later declared bankruptcy and has continued to cancel flights through October. We trusted the Lord for the money spent on the initial tickets and began looking for flights with other airlines. The Lord used several people to intervene on our behalf and we unexpectedly received a full refund from Avianca. We were able to book new flights with a different airline for September 24.
5. In January, we took a trip to Ecuador to arrange our arrival details. We rented a furnished apartment for the month of June and began working with a realtor to find an unfurnished house once our belongings arrive by container. Since our flights were canceled, the rent paid for June has been applied to our account for the month of our arrival.
6. During the January survey trip, the realtor showed us several homes, but one met all our needs and wishes. The owner was not willing to work with us at that time to secure the home for a later date, but we learned last week that the same house would be available on September 15. Through the realtor, we were able to sign a one-year lease on the home. God gave us this special blessing and it is evident that His hand has been guiding our timeline.
We are rejoicing in the Lord’s provision and faithfulness.
Isaiah 33:15-16 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil; (16) He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.
1 Thessalonians 5:24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.